Love it or loathe it, Facebook is a very powerful tool for connecting with your customers, fans or audience. Fan Pages have made this ridiculously easy, giving you a really interesting insight to your audience demographics, engaging with your loyal fans, interacting directly to build on your relationship.
However, running a Fan Page is very time consuming and resourceful. As an administrator, the problem is monitoring your page for feedback from your fans. Unfortunately, there is no existing feature for email notifications of updates which can be quite annoying.
There is a way around this though.
- On your Facebook page, under the Administration panel, select Notifications.
- At the bottom of the dropdown, select See all notifications.
- At the top of the Notifications list, there is a link to Get notifications viaÂ RSS.
- Subscribe to this in your favourite feed reader (eg. Google Reader)
- Alternatively, use a service like Feed By Inbox to send emails based on RSS feed updates.