- White text over blurred photography. Quite an elegant style when it was new but now it’s just a lazy solution to designing a homepage.
- Parallax scrolling stories. (And hijacked scrolling behaviour whilst we’re on it). Scrolling may be natural but my fore finger can only take so much.
- iOS7 clones. Some of the guidelines were questionable when it was released so why copy something that a large demographic won’t appreciate?
- Hamburger icons on desktops. Originally, a nice idea to resolve the limited screen estate on mobile devices but started leaking into desktop interfaces last year. It’s a catch-all solution for a “consistent” responsive UX.
- “Top X” blog posts. Oh, the irony.
Do you agree? Share your thoughts with me (@Si) on Twitter.